Website Usage Terms and Conditions
The term SilverHub Media UK or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is at 112 Tabernacle Street EC2A 4LE company registration number 04736337. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
The audio, video, text, images or other material made available on this website "the Site" by us to you (collectively, the "Content") is either: protected by third-party rights such as copyright or trademarks (for which we are permitted to make available to you), is copyright to us, or are materials which are in the public domain or made available under a Creative Commons licence.
"Public Domain content": the Content on the Site marked "Public Domain" consists of Content from our collections, which we believes are in the public domain in most territories. Content marked “Public Domain” indicates that we are unaware of any current copyright restrictions on the Content either because: (i) the term of copyright has expired in most countries or: (ii) no evidence has been found that copyright restrictions apply.
"Creative Commons content": the Site contains Content for which (1) we own copyright or database rights and wishes to share Content without restriction in support of our mission of supporting access to knowledge, or (ii) have been licensed by third parties under a Creative Commons licence.
Other than where permitted, no part of the Content maybe sold, resold, licensed, transferred, copied or reproduced in whole or in part in any manner or in or on any media to any person without the prior written consent of ourselves. We do not warrant that the sharing of Content, including Public Domain or Creative Commons content will not infringe upon the rights of third parties. It is your responsibility to determine and satisfy copyright and other use conditions before copying, transmitting, or making other use of the Content.
Where Content comprises of Public Domain and Creative Commons content we shall endeavour to make same Content available for re-use under the same conditions and to label the material with statements that indicate if, and under which conditions it can be re-used. You agree to abide by all copyright notices, licence conditions, restrictions attached to the Content and agree not to remove or alter any notices, conditions, forms of identification, or dedications, if required not to.
We have made every reasonable effort to locate, contact and acknowledge rights holders and to correctly apply terms and conditions to Content. In the event that any Content infringes your rights or the rights of any third parties, or Content is not properly identified or acknowledged we would like to hear from you so we may make any necessary alterations. In this event contact:email@example.com
If you have any general questions or information relating to Content on the Site or our services please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have specific questions or information about use of Content on this website please contact: email@example.com
Your use of this Website
Other than expressly permitted by the terms and conditions specific to individual services, you may not without the prior written consent of ourselves:
- systematically extract and/or re-utilise the content of the Site, including but not limited to the utilisation of any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools to extract (whether once or many times) for re-utilisation of any substantial parts of this the Site
- create and/or publish your own database that features substantial parts of this website, including but not limited to, our prices and product/service listings.
You agree not to:
- impersonate another person or use a false name or a name you are unauthorised to use or create a false identity or email address or try to mislead others as to the identity or origin of any communications
- make available or upload files that contain software or other material, data or information not owned or licensed to you or collect information about others (e.g. names/addresses) without their prior consent
- damage, interfere with or disrupt access to the Site or any of the services delivered through such website or do anything which may interrupt or impair their functionality
- publish, post, distribute, disseminate or otherwise transmit defamatory, offensive, infringing, obscene, indecent or other unlawful or objectionable material or information
- threaten, harass, stalk, abuse, disrupt, cause inconvenience or distress or otherwise violate the rights (including rights of privacy and publicity) of others
- use the Content or the Site for any illegal or improper purpose
- make available, upload or distribute by any means any material or files that contain any viruses, bugs, corrupt data, "trojan horses", "worms" or any other harmful software.
This website may contain links to other independent websites that are not controlled by ourselves. You are strongly advised to consult the privacy policies of other websites you visit for information about their policies and practices.
What websites do we link to?
We recommend external web links on the basis of their suitability and usefulness for our users. Selection and addition of links to our website is entirely a matter for ourselves.
It is not our policy to enter into agreements for reciprocal links.
The inclusion of a link to an organisation's or individual's website does not constitute an endorsement or an approval of any product, service, policy or opinion of the organisation or individual. We are not responsible for the content of external websites.
What websites will we not link to?
We will not link to websites that contain racist, sexual or misleading content; that promote violence; that are in breach of any UK law; which are otherwise offensive to individuals or to groups of people.
We have prepared the content of this website responsibly and carefully, but disclaim all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy of the information contained in any of the materials on this website or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links.
We make no representation or warranty, and expressly disclaim any liability with respect to copyright statements and these terms and conditions.This includes, but is not by way of limitation:
- any implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose
- any liability for damage to your computer hardware, data, information, materials and business resulting from the information or the lack of information available
- any errors, omissions, or inaccuracies in the information
- any decision made or action taken or not taken in reliance upon the information
We make no warranty as to the content, accuracy, timeliness or completeness of the information or that the information may be relied upon for any reason and bears no responsibility for the accuracy, content or legality of any linked site or for that of any subsequent links. We make no warranty that the website service will be uninterrupted or error-free or that any defects can be corrected.
We shall not be liable for any losses or damages (including without limitation consequential loss or damage) whatsoever from the use of, or reliance on, the information in this website, or from the use of the Internet generally. Any links to other websites do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by us of any products, services, policies or opinions of the organisation or individual.
When you are finished interacting with one or more online services using your account with us, you must then log out and close all of your browser windows to prevent other users from accessing library services through your account. Please be aware that we accept no liability for financial or any other loss incurred if you do not log out and close all of your browser windows.
These disclaimers and exclusions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales under the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. Those who choose to access this site from outside the United Kingdom are responsible for compliance with local laws if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
Notice and takedown policy
In making material available online we act in good faith. However, despite these safeguards, we recognise that from time to time material published online may be in breach of copyright laws, contain sensitive personal data, or include content that may be regarded as obscene or defamatory. If you are concerned that you have found material on our website, for which you have not given permission, contravenes privacy laws, is obscene / defamatory and in terms of copyright law is not covered by a limitation or exception, please contact us in writing stating the following:
1. Your contact details.
2. The full details of the material.
3. The exact and full URL where you found the material.
4. If the request relates to copyright, provide proof that you are the rights holder and a statement that, under penalty of perjury, you are the rights holder or are an authorised representative.
5. The reason for your request including but not limited to copyright law, privacy laws, data protection, obscenity, defamation etc.
firstname.lastname@example.org or Hello@siverhubmedia.com
Upon receipt of notification the ‘Notice and Takedown’ procedure is then invoked as follows:
1. We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint by email or letter and will make an initial assessment of the validity and plausibility of the complaint.
2. Upon receipt of a valid complaint the material will be temporarily removed from our website pending an agreed solution.
3. We will contact the contributor who deposited the material, if relevant. The contributor will be notified that the material is subject to a complaint, under what grounds, and will be encouraged to assuage the complaints concerned.
4. The complainant and the contributor will be encouraged to resolve the issue swiftly and amicably and to the satisfaction of both parties, with the following possible outcomes:
- The material is replaced on our website unchanged.
- The material is replaced on our website with changes.
- The material is permanently removed from the website.
5. If the contributor and the complainant are unable to agree a solution, the material will remain unavailable through our website until a time when a resolution has been reached.
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of your use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.